Dear Manufacturer Representative:
We cordially invite you to attend the 2019 Midwest Automotive Media Association Spring Rally, which will take place from May 21 through May 23, with a welcome dinner to be held on the evening of May 21, 2019. We will once again offer media performance driving, scenic on-road routes, a technical off-road course and a fast autocross. And as per previous years, a helmet will be required for all on-track activity — as drivers and passengers.
As you make your vehicle selections for the 2019 Spring Rally, we ask you to keep in mind that the track cars are the hottest commodity at Road America, but journalists are also interested in the newest of the new vehicles. So, instead of bringing one of everything in your lineup, consider bringing multiple examples of your new and/or notably updated vehicles in different trim levels.
- Entry fee is $2,000 for up to five vehicles. Additional vehicles may be added at a cost of $400 each, with a cost cap of $5,000. This covers the cost of the track, off-road course, autocross, meals, etc.
- If you would like a credit-card invoice payable through PayPal (no account needed), email Treasurer Larry Nutson at email@example.com. Otherwise, Larry will be sending out invoices. Please advise if you have any special invoicing requirements.
If you need attendees to sign a vehicle waiver, email it to Paul Strauss at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26. We will distribute digital waivers to all attendees via email prior to the event.
Due to the special nature of high-horsepower vehicles, we offer specific arrangements for them. If you are bringing a vehicle that makes 500 or more horsepower (or has a high hp-to-weight ratio), you have the following options:
- You can provide your own driver
- We can provide a professional race-driving instructor who drives your car
- We can provide a professional race-driving instructor who rides along in the passenger seat with the journalist
- You can decide not to have a driver or instructor ride along
You can take advantage of our instructors for $300 each, which is our cost to make them available. The fee covers their time, room and board for the day. Please let us know ASAP if you need any instructors and how many.
Please note: If you decide to bring your own instructor, you will be responsible for their accommodations, but they are welcome to join all our meals at no extra cost.
FAMILY VEHICLE OF THE YEAR
As an added incentive to attend, the Midwest Automotive Media Association will once again be voting for the Family Vehicle of the Year Awards in our mainstream and Luxury categories.
- We will announce the Spring Rally runners-up for both categories at the Day 2 lunch, and the final winners will be announced at the 2020 Chicago Auto Show.
- To be considered, a vehicle must have four doors, be new or significantly updated within the last 12 months and be available for evaluation at the MAMA Spring Rally or the Fall Rally in October. With the implementation of the Luxury category last year, there is no longer a price cap for any FVOTY candidates.
- If you have any questions about FVOTY eligibility, please contact Tim Healey at email@example.com.
ARRIVAL AND ACCOMMODATIONS
We will once again be staying at the Osthoff Resort in Elkhart Lake, Wis. Manufacturers are asked to make their own hotel reservations. For reservations call: 920-876-3366 and ask for the MAMA special rate.
Please note: The MAMA room block at the Osthoff closes May 6, 2019. Please book early to ensure room availability.
If you are joining us for the first time, please note that the Osthoff Resort is a suite property, which means you can have a roommate. Each guest in a suite will have his/her own bedroom and bathroom.
We invite you to arrive on Tuesday, May 21, and join us for dinner at 6:30 p.m. Let us know if you will be joining us on the associated Registration Form.
For your reference, make sure you add a half hour to an hour to your drive times if you will be passing through Chicago during rush hour. In general, drive times from area airports to Elkhart Lake are as follows:
- Chicago O’Hare: 2.5 hours
- Chicago Midway: 3 hours
- Milwaukee General Mitchell: 1.5 hours
We will provide a more detailed schedule of events prior to your arrival in Elkhart Lake, but for travel purposes, the general schedule will be as follows:
Tuesday, May 21
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner at Lake Street Café
Wednesday, May 22
- 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. Registration opens at Road America
- 7 a.m. – 9 a.m. Breakfast
- 9 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Track and Street Drives
- 6 p.m. Cocktail Reception at the Osthoff
- 7 p.m. Dinner at the Osthoff
- 9 p.m. Siebkens Afterglow
Thursday, May 23
- 7 a.m. – 8 a.m. Breakfast at the Osthoff
- 8:30 a.m. – 12 p.m. Autocross, Off-Road and FVOTY drives
- 12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Lunch and FVOTY voting
- 1 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. Raffle and Social Media Award winners
Click here to watch the Ready to Rally video!
Vehicle Entry Questions:
Andy Mikonis (773-523-3330 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vehicle Waiver Questions:
Paul Strauss (312-420-6880 or email@example.com)
General Rally Questions:
Damon Bell (773-817-5438 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jill Ciminillo (317-250-6850 or email@example.com)
Hope to see you there!
MAMA Spring Rally Team