Last month, Nissan held an eMeet to introduce the redesigned 2022 Pathfinder to the MAMA audience. Vishnu Jayamohan, Nissan’s Senior Manager of Product Strategy and Planning, opened the presentation by sharing Nissan’s mission with the new Pathfinder, which was to “fuse truck-like brawn and people-mover brains into an unbeatable product.” Jayamohan also communicated that the Pathfinder was designed for the “super-parent” who needs the “swiss-army knife” of a three-row family hauler.
This set the stage for all of the truck’s specifications to follow. Some key highlights of the 2022 Pathfinder include:
- All-new bold, rugged design.
- All-new 9-speed transmission for a smooth, direct response.
- All-new Intelligent 4WD with 7-position Drive and Terrain Mode Selector.
- Best-in-class available 6,000-lb. maximum towing capacity which allows drivers to confidently haul boats, ATVs, and trailers.
- Seating for up to eight, new captain's chairs option, and new EZ FLEX one-touch release (adding comfort and flexibility for the whole family).
- All-new available 10.8-inch Head-up Display, 12.3-inch digital dashboard, ProPILOT Assist with Navi-Link, and standard Nissan Safety Shield 360 that leads to confident driving on- and off-road.
- Wireless Apple CarPlay (offered for the first time on Pathfinder) and wireless charging.
The Pathfinder nameplate was first introduced 35 years ago which, according to Nissan, has helped the brand to refine itself with lessons learned along the way. Today, the 2022 Pathfinder conveys strength and rugged capability paired with advanced safety and technology features to keep families safe and comfortable.
Some key exterior highlights include:
- Sculpted, fresh body slides.
- New floating C-pillar.
- Unique fender crease line over each wheel.
- Distinctive U-shaped headlights fuse powerful fender blisters together.
Interior features include:
- Refined new premium materials with quilting.
- Seven available “environments” (such as brushed bronze metallic accents).
- Wide, open instrument panel with a user-friendly layout.
- New 9-inch. touchscreen placed high for easy visibility.
- Integrated electronic shifter allows room for wide “bridge” center console.
- Cabin quietness has been drastically improved.
The all-new 2022 Pathfinder is offered in 2WD and 4WD and in four grades: S, SV, SL, and Platinum. Two packages, SV Premium and SL Premium, are also available. The Pathfinder is set to go on sale this summer; pricing is still TBA.